Magento 2 Migration is a hot topic among Magento store owners. Thousands of websites have already been migrated to this platform, and for a good reason. Magento 2 broadens horizons. Best of all, almost any project can be moved to Magento 2, regardless of the platform it’s currently based on.
Why is Magento Migration Beneficial?
If you’re considering switching eCommerce platforms, Magento is one of the best options out there. Let’s take a look at the benefits.
Magento 2 Advantages
Magento 2 is:
- an open-source platform written in PHP;
- the world’s leading CMS for building eCommerce websites;
- a flexible and scalable tool for any size business;
- software with a free Open Source edition;
- a highly secure solution that follows verified security standards.
Magento 2 provides:
- the ability to add numerous features to your store using extensions from the Magento Marketplace;
- over 56 payment gateways and support for a variety of shipping and pricing methods;
- an easy-to-use administrator panel;
- advanced SEO options to help you meet marketing and business goals;
- community support to help the development process go smoothly;
- integrations with different CRMs and third-party web services;
- official code standards for accurate web development results;
- Signifyd fraud protection and high data security standards, which Magento has adhered to since its earliest versions.
The best part is, this isn’t even an exhaustive comprehensive list of all the benefits that come with Magento 2 migration. Let’s see which kinds of businesses benefit most from migration.
Magento 2 Solutions for Your Business
Magento is an effective solution for businesses of any size. There are two versions of Magento available: Open Source and Commerce.
The Open Source Edition is free to download, and it comes ready to use. It’s best for small to midsize businesses. Enterprise-level businesses can choose between the Commerce and Cloud editions. The cost for these versions varies from $15,000 to $22,000, depending on business size and product complexity.
If you decide to work with WEB4PRO, all you have to do is request Magento 2 migration and decide which website functionalities you want to preserve. Our professional web developers will do the rest, leaving you to focus on the business side of your store. Let’s see how it works in action!
How to Migrate Data from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
There are four major components to the migration process:
- Extensions and custom code.
Each component requires its own specific approach.
Our Magento Data Migration Services
Magento 2 Data Migration
The Magento 2 Data Migration Tool was created to help migrate data from Magento 1 to Magento 2. We can move the data we choose:
Also, we can migrate Magento site to a new domain, if you need it.
Theme Development and Customization
Due to the difference in Magento 1 and 2 architectures, themes will need to be created from scratch. Be creative when designing each part of the theme; this is a good chance to redesign your store!
Magento 2 Extension Migration
The Magento Marketplace and Magento extension development companies provide you with all the extensions your online store needs. As well as setting up extensions, we can create new custom solutions for you.
Use the Code Migration Toolkit on Magento’s Github page to migrate your custom code. We have a variety of other impressive data-migration solutions that we can provide in addition to module and theme customization, based on your preferences and Magento version.
Our Magento Migration Service
We have experience migrating stores to the latest versions of Magento 2 from a variety of other platforms. We can provide you with the following migration services:
- Drupal to Magento;
- WooCommerce to Magento;
- BigCommerce to Magento;
We can migrate data from the most popular eCommerce platforms:
- Opencart to Magento;
- Shopify to Magento;
- Zen Cart to Magento;
- PrestaShop to Magento;
- osCommerce to Magento;
and of course, perform Magento 1 to 2 migration.
How We Provide Magento 2 Migration Service
If you’re looking to migrate your website to Magento, here’s how it will go:
- first, we will prepare an audit of your website;
- then we will discuss what changes you want to make and what you want to preserve;
- next, our team will give you a project estimate;
- after our Magento experts will migrate customer data, modules, and databases to the new platform.
Our Magento developers have completed numerous projects over the past ten years (you can read about some of them on Clutch). We’re now focused on Magento migration and building new stores using this powerful CMS. You’ll be impressed with the quality of our results.
Is Magento 2 Migration Worth It?
If you need a robust solution for a complex store with advanced data management, choose Magento. If you need to satisfy customer needs, choose Magento. If you need to solve problems related to orders and deliveries, choose Magento. Market leaders such as Nike, Charlotte Tilbury, GUCCI, and Christian Louboutin built their websites on this platform.
Magento 2 is an extremely feature-rich software that is constantly implementing the latest trends, like VR, AR, PWA, and new payment and security options. The more solutions it offers, the more community support grows, and the more potential the software has to remain stable and accessible for any business.
Want to Migrate Your Store to Magento 2?
According to BuiltWith statistics from March 2018, 185,000 websites use Magento 1.x versions, and 16 thousand sites currently use Magento 2—but this second number is constantly increasing. Numerous online store owners have already improved their websites and are successfully following the latest eCommerce trends. Despite potential difficulties with Magento 2 migration, nothing about the migration progress is impossible, especially if your project is in safe hands. Drop us a line, and we can begin collaborating.
- an abundance of new eCommerce opportunities;
- more power and features for your online store;
- new opportunities for your business to grow profit and success.