5 Great Email Template Builders for Your Creative Emails
Whether you are already running your email marketing strategy or you are just looking for the right email template tool, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we are going to share thoughts on what email builder to choose for creating perfect emails and why you need to consider online email template builder as a platform for making them.
Let’s start from the beginning.
Why do you need email marketing?
If you are running an online business, one of the ways to attract customers to your store is to let them subscribe to your email newsletter. This allows you to remind your customers about your brand, communicate with current and new customers, present them with your initiatives, and make more sales.
Sending plain emails became more common for personal communication. However, brands that sell products to hundreds of people need to be more creative now. That’s why, if you want to stand up from the crowd and present your products or services in the best possible way, you can use stylish email templates.
What are the email templates?
It is a ready HTML version of an email that allows you to create your own unique email design and apply it for your email marketing campaigns.
You’ve come to the point that you need an email template. How can you get it?
- Create your HTML template. You can create a template from scratch in HTML. In this case, you’ll need to have some programming skills. If it sounds interesting to you, there are plenty of tutorials, for example, check the Tuts+ course from Envato. However, it can be time-consuming, which is the first concern for most business owners, web designers, and marketing specialists.
- Use online email template builders. Here we’ve come to the easiest way to get the desired email. There are many email builders on the market that allow editing the ready professional design. They all have something in common and also are different in features and interfaces. The last one is crucial if you edit your emails on your own or if you lack time.
But before we consider the five best options that exist now, let’s observe what to expect from an online email template builder.
Before choosing a specific builder, you need to look at several criteria that will make your work easier. The price range is not the crucial point; however, we recommend you to look at the subscription plans if you need to create lots of emails.
- Your email builder should have the list of the main functions:
- Friendly user interface (drag-and-drop editor);
- Email template library (also emails for special occasions, such as Christmas, Black Friday, Halloween will be a plus);
- Compatibility with popular email clients, such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.
- Responsiveness for different desktop and mobile devices;
- Quick email preview option to test the result before sending it.
- The online builder should be fast and convenient. You can use pre-made templates and edit their layout in minutes with the drag-and-drop feature. You can also play around with blocks by adding images, buttons, text, and changing the order of blocks and get the unique email.
- The builder should not be heavy (bulky). This is an online tool, so you don’t need to install additional software to work with your template. It will autosave your sessions, and allow you to edit it later and re-use your template another time.
- It should allow keeping the branded design of your emails. With a flexible email builder, you can re-use the same templates and use designs again and again. This will save you time and allow you to create the same brand appearance for every email.
Now you are aware of some recommended traits of a good email building tool. We hope it will help you to choose the most useful one. Let’s move to a short review of the tools available on the market.
Take a look at the list of useful email builders that can help you to create excellent newsletters. They have some features in common and serve the same purpose. But they differ depending on the goals, the scale, and the level of technical skills you have. We suggest choosing the most appropriate one for your specific priorities and test each one to select the most comfortable solution.
It is a freemium email editor. This is a product of MailUp Group. It allows you to create and edit the template in a free plan and offers extended functionality in the premium package.
Pricing & Plans
It includes 3 different plans in one, called BEE Pro:
- freelance – $15/m,
- team – $25/m,
- agency – $45/m.
That means the editor is helpful for teams and allows them to assign roles, control the work done, and add/remove notes. It may suit advanced project teams.
The third package available is called BEE Plugin. It allows embedding an email or landing page in SaaS apps.
The drag-and-drop editor is quite simple and allows you to create an email from scratch in about 20 minutes. The free plan allows exporting the file in HTML format. You can choose among 120 ready email templates.
Mailton is a creative space for crafting your emails. It is our new product, and we are glad to launch it for your convenience after ten years of releasing our email templates on the Envato market. Our Mailton allows for editing the layout of the email, saving it for later, export in HTML, Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor versions, and use for email marketing campaigns. Each template has 20+ modules. Our goal was to make it simple, flexible, and useful for creating various types of emails.
Pricing & Plans
The price for the subscription is equal to a price for the cup of coffee, which is $5/m or $20 for six months. All packages give an unlimited number of templates, professional support, and flexibility in the creation process.
Mailton builder mode has a user-friendly interface, drag-and-drop functionality, and responsive design. You can create and export an email template in less than 15 minutes. Use one of the 85+ ready templates and launch a successful email campaign!
We think Mailton is an affordable online tool, and it lets you spend more time on creativity and prepare your email campaign with ease and calm. Drop in to test in for free and form your opinion.
Topol is a drag-and-drop email template editor with 7 pre-made templates, free and premium packages, and a few unique features.
Pricing & Plans
The price range is the following:
- Free plan with limited features
- $7/m per premium plan
- $20/m per plugin plan
You can insert GIFs, videos from Vimeo and YouTube in a link format, and they will be appropriately displayed in your emails. Also, you can download your email templates as ZIP-files to use them later or send them as test emails.
Among other options this email builder offers, is the export of HTML file, however, without full editing mode, except the ability to edit images and text. The time for creating an email from scratch is about 20 minutes.
This platform is perfect for working in teams. It offers deep customization options to use the editor, plus it has 100+ ready-to-use templates and around 1000 modules to create, edit, and send unique emails to customers.
Pricing & Plans
There are several plans available:
- The free plan (5 exports/m)
- Premium package $20/m
- Enterprise package (price by request)
The interface is similar to a simple CMS admin panel. You can also choose among creating an email template from scratch, use a ready version, or import your template in HTML format to edit it in the builder. There is a block with elements to add/edit for the template.
Using the buttons in the upper panel, you can export, preview your template, and send a test email. The time needed for creating and exporting the email is up to 40 minutes.
It is a free open source email template editor created by VOXmail. It differs from other email builders because it has only two drafts that you can use as a base to create email templates.
The menu of the editor is simple, you can click on the block, and it will automatically be added to the email body. In the menu tabs, you can also edit the content part, change the style of the text, background color, images, paragraph, and buttons. As Mosaico is free and open-source, you can’t store your email templates, images, and files. It is also limited in features, and you can create only a basic version of an email template. Still, if you need simple emails, this builder will be okay for you. The time required to create an email from scratch is 25 minutes.
After the review, let’s summarize and compare all the solutions in one table:
We showed solutions that are similar to each other, but you can look into details and differences and choose the one that is good for you. We will be very glad if you share your experience working with these emails or our email builder Mailton, and write us on our contact form below.