Complete Guide to Finding the Best eCommerce Shipping Solutions
This article will help you to figure out what are the essential features for the eCommerce shipping software, provide with the list of top shipping solutions, and let you improve customer service and increase the number of completed orders.
Are you looking for new ways to ensure that your customers get the best shipping experience possible from your eCommerce store? If so, you’ve come to the right place. That’s because we have some essential tips to ensure that your customers can have a pleasant experience from shipping to delivery.
What is the eCommerce Shipping Solution?
An eCommerce shipping solution is a range of services from a shipping company which ensures that your customers receive their orders on time and intact. These services could carry out the questions of packing, labeling, shipping, delivery, and returns. Also, these shipping solutions often have analytics and reporting included in a plan, plus the ability to integrate POS solution to manage the delivery and warehouse stocks. Let’s look at the extensive list of features that a right shipping solution should have.
Which Features Should It Include?
According to Narvar consumer report, 53% of online shoppers in the US won’t purchase a product if they don’t know its date of arrival. It means that online store customers expect clear information and care from the online store where they shop at the last stage of the buying process.
Shipping and delivery are crucial for customers according to different stats. Free shipping, accurate information, 24/7 support – all of this will ensure that a customer will complete their order. How to achieve this? By choosing the right eCommerce shipping software, you’ll save your time on managing the shipping process, and get more loyal clients. Below, you can learn about the features needed for the effective shipping solution.
Extensive List of Carriers
When deciding how to ensure that your customers receive their products safely, it is also vital that your shipping carrier is carefully vetted. The more carriers included in the shipping solution, the easiest way.
This shipping solution is a popular choice because it is common for shipping partners to offer eCommerce businesses discounts upon signing up with them. Among other advantages for your customers is the affordable price of their services compared to other shipping solutions because USPS does not charge for money when numerous shipping attempts are made.
If you’re looking to ship a lot of heavier products, this may be the strain for you. That’s because they both accept shipments that weigh up to 150 pounds. These two shipping solutions also offer express delivery options.
This shipping solution ships around the world and offers good rates in the process. When you have packages shipped with DHL, you can have a discount of up to 66%.
Range of Shipping Methods and Rates
Different shipping methods will provide you with various benefits.
Free shipping is one of the best ways for you to get new customers and to keep old ones. This is because people, in general, are willing to pay more for products if they’re able to get free shipping. According to the recent survey of Efulfillment service, 74% of online shoppers prefer free shipping to complete the process checkout.
Another option for shipping is a flat rate. With this rate, you can charge a pre-set amount of money for every order. In doing so, your customers will know exactly how much to add for shipping at the end of their purchase.
You can, on the other hand, set a specific rate for different products. In doing so, you can edit prices to ensure that your shipping fee covers the rate of shipping it to a particular location.
Ability to Calculate Shipping Costs
You may want to include a feature that allows your eCommerce website to calculate the overall cost of shipping. Canada Post, USPS, and UK Royal Mail all have this feature; however, each shipping software always offers built-in calculator to perform custom calculations for the specific shipping carrier. As such, your customers can be aware of how much their shipping will cost before they continue with the purchase, and you’ll save your time in setting up shipping calculator additionally.
Tracking and Reporting Options
This is vital if you want to keep loyal customers who trust your services. When you use tracking and reporting options on your eCommerce website, you’re ensuring that your customers know where their package is at all times. This is a must feature for any shipping solution.
Build-In Analytics and Reporting
Built-in analytics provides you with real-time data that ensure you’re up-to-date with all information that is included in your shipping solution. This information will contain any late packages and any other relevant information that could come up.
Availability of Mobile App
It’s essential that you have a shipping solution that provides you with a mobile app. As such, you’re going to have an app that allows you to generate labels from anywhere, any time. While you may not be able to get the same functionality, a mobile app will let you to simplify the process of preparing items for shipping.
Shopping Cart Integration
Whichever shipping solution you choose, you should consider integrating it with your shopping cart. This will allow you to ensure that when your customers buy their products, a shipping solution is available to be updated and provide you with shipping data.
List of eCommerce Shipping Solutions
If you’re looking for an eCommerce shipping solution, you’re in luck. Below, you can read about the different options you have at your disposal.
If you’re looking for a shipping method that can provide you with the best benefits, look no further. Here’s a full list of the pros and features.
- ShipTheory provides your business with a method to connect directly to a courier.
- With this tool, you can provide shipping to a wide number of individuals at a flexible and fair rate.
- You’ll be able to keep all of your shipping labels in the same place.
- The tool has several different packages you can benefit from. The prices range from being free to €300.
This shipping solution provides users with a number of benefits, all of which you can read below.
- EasyShip claims to help eCommerce business owners save up to 70%.
- You can choose from more than 250 different options and as such, can have your tracking information, labels, and more, all in one place.
- You can sell worldwide.
- The rates for EasyShip range from about $10 to $30, depending on your individual needs.
Landingo can provide eCommerce users with shipping solutions, whether packages are small or large.
- Their main focus is on large packages.
- You can ship up to 150 pounds.
- You can track packages along the way.
- Paid service is included in the shipping price.
Shipping provides eCommerce business owners with one vital thing: simplicity.
- With this tool, you can ensure that all of your shipping needs are entirely automated.
- An effective system of customers’ notification about the shipping process will decrease the number of possible issues.
- You can receive all of your data on a single platform.
- Prices range from about $20 to $150.
If you’re looking for security in your solution, Easypost is the right one for you.
- Easypost provides eCommerce business owners with insurance, which makes sure that all packages are covered.
- With more than 100 carriers to their name, Easypost is a go-to solution for any package.
- You can pay as you go.
- This solution charges you 1 cent per package.
If you’re looking for a shipping solution for the Canadian market that focuses on the functionality you’ve come to the read place. Here is a shortlist of the benefits.
- Shipstation provides eCommerce business owners with a single place to create labels and ship packages.
- Shipments are updated in real-time to ensure that everyone is aware of every circumstance.
- Shipstation offers a free, one-month trial.
- Depending on how many shipments you need to have done every month, you can choose a package that ranges between $9 and $150.
Now you can choose among the top functional shipping solutions on the market. They will help you to expand your presence worldwide, manage a wide range of orders, and provide a qualitative shopping experience to your customers from the moment of order placement to the delivery of the items.