How to Create Simple Products in Magento 2
- Step 1. Select the Product Type
- Step 2. Select the Product Template (Optional)
- Step 3. Complete the Required Fields
- Step 4. Complete the Remaining Product Details
- Step 5. Publish the Product
- Step 6. View the Product in Your Store
- On the Admin sidebar, click Products. Then under Inventory, select Catalog.
- In the upper-right corner on the Add Product menu, select Simple Product.
To choose the product template, do one of the following:
- In the Search box, enter the name of the template.
- In the list, choose the template that you want to use. The form is updated to reflect the template.
- In the Product Details section. do the following:
- Enter the product Name.
- You can either use the default SKU that is based on the product name, or enter another.
- Enter the product Price.
- Because the product is not yet ready to publish, set the Product Online switch to the “Off” position.
- Click Save, and continue with the next step. You can save the product settings after complete all the required fields complete.
- Set Tax Class to one of the following:
- Taxable Goods
- If you’re ready to add a product image, do one of the following:
- Drag an image from your desktop, and drop it on the camera tile in the Images and Videos box.
- In the Images box, click the camera tile, and navigate to the image file on your computer. Then, select the image, and click Open. A placeholder appears until a product image is uploaded.
- Enter the Quantity of the product that is currently in stock.
- Enter the product Weight.
- To assign the product to a Category, do one of the following:
- Start typing to find a match. Then, choose the Category.
- Click Show List to see the category tree. Then, drill down and click on each category that you want to assign to the product.
- Click New Category. Enter the Category Name and choose the Parent Category to determine its position in the menu structure. Then, click Create Category.
- Enter the product Description directly into the text box, and format as needed. Then, click Submit. You can also use the WYSIWYG Editor, for additional control.
- If you are ready to publish the product in the catalog, set the Product Online switch to the “On” position.
- When complete, on the Save menu, select Save & Close.
In the upper-right corner on the Admin menu, select Customer View.
Things to Remember
- Simple products can be included in configurable, bundle, and grouped product types.
- A simple product can have custom options with a variety of input controls, which makes it possible to sell many product variations from a single SKU.
5.00 / 5.0
Article rating (7 Reviews)
Do you find this article useful? Please, let us know your opinion and rate the post!