B2B focuses primarily on selling services to other companies. If this sounds like something you’re trying to offer, then you might want to figure out which platform to launch your store on. If so, then you should look in toward both Magento 2 and SAP Hybris. Below, we have made a complete guide of the two so that you find out which one suits you and your needs.
Magento Enterprise vs Hybris
To start, let’s look at some of the advantages of Magento Enterprise edition:
- Customizations.The shopping cart is completely customizable so that you can choose your favorite settings for payment processes, as well as accepted methods and gateways.
- SEO features. Magento offers SEO tools and configurations so that you can boost your ranking in Google.
- Analytics. It offers you analytics so that you can monitor your store’s performance. It can be achieved by using Google Analytics or through the reports that are provided by Magento.
- Integrations.The platform is open source, so it’s easily customizable.
- Customer service. Magento’s customer service can be reached both on the phone and online for anyone who is registered for Magento Enterprise.
- Price. Unlike SAP Hybris, you can get an edition of Magento (the community edition) for free. The enterprise edition will cost you money, but it is tier-based.
- Single UI for managing the page.
- Server Costs. You’re responsible for your upgrades because you run your business on your server. And it must be powerful.
- Blog issues. It doesn’t have a full-fledged inbuilt blog.
- Complex support. It needs a lot of computational resources. But the platform is flexible itself, and additional extensions can add all that you need.
Now let’s check the Hybris’s positive and negative sides.
- Easy management. You can manage all of your information on the same page, as well as different businesses and suppliers on the same platform.
- Easy personalization. You can personalize all of your services, navigation, etc. so that it tailors to yours and your customers’ needs. You can change your payment options and processes.
- Account management. B2B customers will be able to manage their accounts, as well as their orders. Studies show that nearly 80% of people will turn down offers unless they’re personalized, which is why this might seem beneficial to you.
- Open source. SAP Hybris is an open-source technology wrote on Java, which means that is can be edited within Spring Framework and integrated into any existing systems.
- Customer management. When some websites have a high number of clients visiting, their servers aren’t able to support it and either the page or browser crashes. With SAP Hybris, your site will have adequate scaling and can support a high number of visitors.
- High Price. At its base, SAP Hybris is reported to cost at least 5 thousand dollars. For those interested, you can get a quote from the company, itself.
- Project duration. It takes 12-24 months to complete a project with SAP Hybris, so this might be too long for you.
- Additional cost. It charges money for support.
- Small support. It doesn’t have a big community of developers, so it’s difficult to find a good specialist.
Difference between Magento 2 and SAP Hybris
SAP Hybris will be suitable for big financial, insurance or telecommunication organizations, who need not the just manageable platform but the possibility to provide their clients a multi-channel e-commerce solution with fully-integrated tools and capacities. Magento 2 offers wide range of digital marketing tools that will help to integrate customers in the shopping process. It offers better analytics, as well as more customization and unlimited number of extensions.
Magento 2 Vs. SAP Hybris Usage Prospects
There are a lot of big name companies that use SAP Hybris, including Reitmans Canada, Lancome. Almost 20 percent of companies using SAP Hybris deal with retail and another 10 percent are wholesale stores.
Magento 2 has attracted plenty of enterprises, and companies that use the platform include the following: Nike, Ford, Fox Connect, Coca Cola, etc. Magento was reported to have been used by over 20 percent of the market in 2013 and has only improved its statistics since then.
Usage Statistics of Magento 2 and Hybris in 2017-2018
Many businesses use SAP Hybris, and of these companies, there are over 4 thousand physical locations in the United States. Germany comes in second place in having the most physical locations, with just over 8 hundred. Nearly 10 K live websites use SAP Hybris.
Magento has over one thousand businesses with physical locations in the United States, with another 100 in the United Kingdom. Nowadays, more than 20 K live websites are based on Magento 2.
Who Else Chooses Magento 2 and Hybris?
For the most part, it can be observed that Hybris is gaining its customers from Magento 2 and Oracle Commerce. Nearly 40% of these customers are based in the United States, which holds the majority of Hybris’ customer market.
Like SAP Hybris, the majority of Magento’s clientele comes from the United States; in fact, just over 60% of it does. Magento gets most of its clients from Shopify, WooCommerce, and Lengow.
SAP Hybris vs Magento 2: What Suits Your Enterprise?
Overall, Magento 2 offers more solutions and customizations for businesses. Whether it’s a massive business or an enterprise, there are extensions and add-ons that you can add to make your store better.
Let’s sum up all said before!
Beyond this, it’s more profitable for you to go with Magento 2 because you have enhanced analytics to help you figure out what’s drawing in customers and what isn’t. That will direct you how your online store should grow. You’ll be able to improve your business because you’ll be tailoring it to your customers’ needs. It also helps that Magento offers a free option: their community version, which is appropriate for smaller businesses. While it doesn’t have all of the benefits of the enterprise edition, you might not need to have the full package yet, and you probably can’t afford it either. That’s why the platform has provided solutions for everyone!