Magento 2 Packages
Magento 2 solutions are the clear choice in the world of eCommerce. In fact, the hardest decision should be which edition would best suit your needs. And the answer lies in what each version specializes in. Let’s look at the Magento 2 Enterprise and Community editions to see what our options are.
Magento 2 Community Edition
The Magento 2 Community edition will meet the necessary commerce needs of any business today. It is your best option if your company has only begun to incorporate eCommerce functionalities. The community edition is helpful here because it can take you time to figure out what your actual needs are. It offers all the essential features that one would need from an eCommerce solution. The documentation is extensive. The marketplace offers a wide variety of extensions and themes for you to choose from. Even though this edition is considered entry level, the available support and features are top class.
Magento 2 Enterprise Edition
The Magento 2 Enterprise edition is built on superior power and security. It is the premier eCommerce solution from Magento. Every feature operates at its most significant capacity. There are no restrictions, and none of its components are disabled. There is no need to install extra extensions because it already includes everything. You can find a complete breakdown in the Magento 2 Enterprise user guide.
Comparing Magento Enterprise vs Community
According to builtwith.com:
- 17 172 live websites are using Magento 2 Community edition.
- 2007 live sites are running Magento 2 Enterprise edition.
It is understandable, considering most eCommerce websites don’t need the full power of the Enterprise edition.
- Almost 45% of Magento 2 Community edition’s market share is in the United States.
- The United Kingdom follows in second place with 14%.
- Germany earns the third place with 9 %.
- With Magento 2 Enterprise edition, 65% of the market share is in the United States.
- The rest is scattered all across the rest of the world. The United Kingdom is on the second place (9%).
- Australia country holds the third place with 5%.
When deciding between the Magento 2 Enterprise and Community editions, there are three critical aspects to consider:
- How much will it cost me?
- What features will I get?
- Which edition will suit my business?
Price is usually one of the critical deciding factors when choosing a solution.
The actual Magento 2 Community edition price is free. But you would have to pay for the extensions needed to add more functionality.
The initial Magento 2 Enterprise edition price costs more than the Community edition. But this is understandable, considering the scope of all its included benefits.
Magento 2 Enterprise edition pricing is based on a revenue model. The licensing price is fixed within a particular earning bracket. Your costs depend on how much money your eCommerce system has brought in. You can expect the following cost options:
|Revenue Earnings||Cost of License|
|Up to $1 million||$22 000|
|$1 – 5 million||$32 000|
|$5 – 10 million||$49 000|
|$10 – 25 million||$75 000|
First, examine your needs, when deciding which edition to choose. Going with the free Community edition may be frugal. But be aware that costs of extra extensions can add up fast. You may find yourself paying more than if you invested in the Enterprise edition instead.
Magento 2 Enterprise features are scalable, extensive and robust. The following features are just some of the functionality you can expect:
- Person Your customers can expect personalized content. This feature is based on a variety of criteria that you or your customer can specify. There are great merchandising features. Checking out is a quick and hassle-free experience.
- Elasticsearch will handle misspelled search words and search word synonyms quite easily. It gives customers a more intuitive shopping experience.
- The design themes are stylish and comfortable to customize.
- Multiple Master Databases allow you to scale individual data aspects, as required.
- Varnish Page Caching gives your customers faster response times. This gets done while still reducing the server workload.
- Magento Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK) is included in the Enterprise edition only.
- You can handle your loyalty programs with absolute ease. You can implement rewards points, wish lists and gift registries.
You’ll find more information about features in the latest Magento 2 Enterprise user guide.
Magento 2 Community edition is a “base-level” system. But it still has impressive functionality. The Magento 2 Community feature list includes the following:
- Its basic functionalities can be further developed and customized with extensions and themes. These extensions and themes cover all popular industries, including customer support, marketing, sales, shipping site optimization. Several of them are free downloads, but some are downloadable at a reasonable cost.
- Magento 2 Community edition includes a sample store. This sample store is ready to deploy immediately, so you hit the ground running from day one. You can always add further functionalities from the Magento Marketplace.
- All your checkout, payment and shipping needs are taken care of. You can expect features like real-time rates, gift message management, and shipment management.
- The versatility of Magento 2 Community edition is thanks to its diverse community of developers around the world. Innovation through collaboration is one of the chief cornerstones of this version.
If you are a small business site or if you are only starting to embrace eCommerce capabilities, Magento 2 Community edition is for you. eCommerce can be a daunting field to navigate, and no one wants to risk resources on something they are new to. Starting off with the Community edition gives your company room to experiment. You can figure out exactly what your business eCommerce needs are without significant risks.
If you are an established business with specific requirements for an eCommerce system, Magento 2 Enterprise edition is the way to go. It also works well if you are a large-scale enterprise that uses eCommerce as an essential revenue stream. It is also great for businesses that want to have their online store built from scratch.
What suits you best?
So how do you decide which edition you should choose? It’s a combination of 2 factors: Cost and your eCommerce needs. If you’re unsure of which option is best for you, feel free to contact WEB4PRO team, we’ll be glad to help you. We will first assess your business needs and your budget. Based on this assessment, we will come up with an eCommerce solution that suits your business and your pocket.